Discipline is accorded top priority at Peshawar Model Degree Colleges. Being young, the students may have tendencies to deviate from their main objectives and transgress their disciplinary obligations. Rules and regulations pertaining to discipline and conduct have, therefore, been laid to check and regulate these tendencies and take remedial measures, if required. Students and their parents should educate themselves about these rules and regulations to have complete awareness of their obligations. Some pertinent instructions are listed below:
- Students should be neatly dressed in the prescribed College Uniform and with decent hair cut within the college premises.
- Students must obtain the college identitycards within one week of their admission and must be in possession of the same during College hours.
- Students should keep the College premises clean and avoid throwing around wrappers and trash etc.
- A student found breaking or damaging the college property shall be penalized heavily. A repetition of the same act will make him liable to be expelled from the College.
- Students must be regular and punctual in attending classes.Bunking classes shall be considered a serious breach of discipline.
- Students must be respectful, obedient and courteous to their faculty members, office staff, supporting staff, fellow students and visitors of the institution. They are to avoid impolite and rude behaviour and conduct themselves with grace, dignity and modesty both inside and outside the college premises.
Cheating in the examinations, stealing or telling lies shall be viewed as serious breaches of good discipline and behaviour and shall lead to expulsion from the college.
The use of unfair means (UFM) in examinations shall be considered a serious violation of rules and shall lead to expulsion from the college.
Smoking, use of drugs, chewing “paan”, taking “naswar”, bringing valuable items, mobile-phones, fire-arms, weapons, video-games, radios, cameras etc are strictly prohibited.
Driving motorbikes and cars by the PMDC students is also strictly banned.
Parents must visit the college whenever required by the Principal. They are to positively attend the college for Parents- Teachers meeting to discuss the performance of their children/wards and suggest measures for their improvement, if any.
Violation of rules may result in imposition of fine, suspension and expulsion from the college, depending on the gravity of the offence.
Fooling or ragging will be considered a very serious breach of discipline and may lead to immediate expulsion from the college.
Class tutor will be the overall incharge of the student related to academics and other college affairs. Tutor can recommend awards and punishments like suspension, change of section and imposition of fines to the Principal.
- The decision of the Principal in all matters related to admission, discipline, behaviour, suspension, expulsion and working hours, shall be final.